Come along to this free online media training workshop designed for people of colour advocates and community members who are interested in speaking to the media in support of the First Nations referendum.
This training is a closed space for People of Colour only.
Participants will receive the practical and theoretical knowledge required to become a successful media spokesperson ahead of the referendum.
The workshop is based on the principles from Passing the Message Stick, a groundbreaking message research project designed to find messages that build widespread support for transformative change on First Nations justice and self-determination.
By attending this training, participants will:
- Practice interview skills for broadcast interviews (radio and television) for referendum related media stories
- Understand the key messages for First Nations justice using strengths and values-based frames (Passing The Message Stick principles)
- Learn how to effectively prepare key messages with your personal story and campaign messages
- Build your confidence to regularly participate in media interviews in your communities.
What: This is a 2 hour media training for POC spokespeople who are interested in doing media to build support for the referendum. After completing this training, participants will be invited to join a closed network of trained spokespeople who are prepared to front the media and amplify messages for First Nations justice.
When: September 13 (Wed), 6-8pm AEST
Where: Online via zoom (link will be provided when you apply here)
Who should attend this training?
- POC spokespeople who are already active and engaged in their community or in their existing campaigns (including the referendum campaign)
- POC who are prepared to do media in support of the referendum within and over the next 2 months